Sunday, January 06, 2008

Long Time... no post!!

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's been a looong time!
Well, the hunt is on! We're casually house-hunting. I mean, we're 4 people in a 2 bedroom house & let's face it, we don't have a lot of room & we have a lot of stuff. Like I said though, casually looking. We have a lot to finish up on our house now before it could really be sold.
What's been going on? Well, as of about June of '07, we have been cloth diapering Cayden & since about a month ago, it's been 100% exclusively cloth. We had been doing disposable diapers at night, but... I'm a member of an excellent cloth diapering community online- DiaperTraders. I call it my cyber-family!!
We joined a church in October- South Side Baptist in South Bend. Since our first visit, the church community embraced us warmly & my Baptism will tentatively be on Sunday, January 13th. Service is at 10!! :)
Though I have helped out at work on occasion I am enjoying my life as a Stay At Home Mom. It's been tough, but Eric has been able to do side work for friends & family to help out when we need it.
Sad news- Terri has decided it is time for her & Reagann to return to Pennsylvania, so her job is going to be open officially at the end of January. The position has been offered to me & I'm considering it, though I'm not ready to take Cayden to daycare. Eric did bring home a possible proposal of him being able to take on a 3rd shift position at Utilimaster & we could work out something from there so he could be with the kids & so Kat can continue her last semester of Speech Articulation through the school system before heading off to Kindergarten next year.
Last week we celebrated Cayden's - can you believe it - FIRST BIRTHDAY!! We had a wonderful party with a Thomas the Tank Engine cake made by With A Wing and A Prayer in Mishawaka. Yum!! He received several gifts & loves them all & plays with them everyday!!
Christmas was very nice. Eric had a full 11 days off of work *!* and so we had a lot of family time. His first day back at work, Cayden woke up & was very upset that he couldn't find Daddy anywhere! He's since settled back in. Among other things, I'm getting ready to start putting Cayden in his crib at night & out of our bed. It's a tough choice for me.
Katarina is doing great! She has so far lost 5 teeth & has another loose! Wow!! She enjoys helping in the kitchen, she feeds the cats & helps with the birds. Yes, I said birds! Captain Jack Sparrow, our Parakeet, passed in November & we have since acquired 2 Cockatiels - Donald & Daisy. They're not yet old enough to breed, but they are definitely bonded & we're considering a clutch in the summer. We'll see how it goes.
The fish tank is doing well. It is settled & Eric put in a 100 gallon sump in the basement. Our automatic top-off tank received a smack & had a huge crack, so we bought a rubbermaid container that works great & holds more water. He also set up a different pump at night so it is quieter when the lights go out.
Back to Kat - she is very independent, more now than we ever thought she'd be!! She got a Webkinz for Christmas & little did we know how much work it is!! Haha! She likes to play the games online & also enjoys watching Ratatouille, which Grandma Ziegler got her for Christmas. I enjoy the movie too & it hasn't yet worn out its welcome in the DVD player...
We can hardly wait for the Drive-In theater to reopen for the summer!! There's a lot we want to see! Including Prince Caspian!! Yay!!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. Oh yeah, I am still breastfeeding Cayden, though he really is enjoying solid foods more now so we are weaning to just a few sessions per day. I'm hoping to update more often since the kiddos can entertain themselves a bit better now...

No comments: