Monday, March 29, 2010

Ducklings

OK, this has been the longest in between Blog posts ever for us! It just wasn't something I was able to keep up on anymore... I will try to summarize the past year or so...
Last July Eric and I went to NC to work on finalizing his Grandma's estate, then we came home via Atlanta, GA, where we stayed with some friends for a few days :)
Kat went into 1st Grade in the SBCSC system and has been doing OK; however, we have decided to homeschool her after she finishes up 1st Grade there.
Cayden was receiving therapy services from 1st Steps Indiana until he turned 3 (3? What happened to 2??). Now he is in SBCSC receiving speech services, although his teacher told me that after he enters P3 in the fall, he may be discharged from speech so... still, we will have him in the PS system for a few months to see how he does while I'm homeschooling Kat. I do believe it will be beneficial for him.
Our decision to homeschool has not been made lightly - there are several factors and I feel very confident that Kat will do well.
At some point in 2009, we joined New Life church in Osceola and we love it there. Kat did Positive Faith Soccer again, she attends TeamKID on Wednesday nights and Eric and I have been attending the Power For Living Academy there too. It took nearly a full year, but Cayden warmed up to it and he now loves going to church! Yay!
Last February we acquired a new kitty - Chance. He is a full-blooded Siamese and is just a very awesome guy! He's older - 7 1/2 now, but he does great with the kids and, well, he's just awesome. What a personality!
Yesterday we went to AgDays here at the St. Joe County Fair Grounds and brought home 2 ducklings! They're Pekin Ducks. They're doing well so far. Their names are Tom and Kiwi :) I'm not sure how old they are - I thought they were a few weeks old at first but now it may be closer to days or 1 week so... I'm going to track their weight, size (as best as I can) and overall growth (via pictures and record-keeping) and we'll figure it out :)
We no longer have the fish tank - it was just too expensive and took up so much room and electricity, it was noisy... yeah. So we have 2 ducklings and 3 cats right now and we're HAPPY!
OK, I think that is a fair summary for the past year for now.

No comments: